In February 2015 Safety Management Solutions engaged Excalibur IT for some Infrastructure Optimisation to help streamline their existing IT Infrastructure.
Safety Management Solutions IT infrastucture had evolved over time. There were multiple computers leveraging a combination of local storage and portable drives, and it was becoming difficult to locate, manage, and effectively share files.
Excalibur IT Solutions was engaged to:
- Provide a centralised file repository, allowing business files to be shared and accessed remotely
- Enable shared Outlook Email, Contacts and Calendar access across multiple Computers and Mobile devices
- Establish a backup solution for company data
The customer had concerns about leveraging a cloud-based solution for file sharing. We proposed data consolidation to a large capacity Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution. The NAS provided secure VPN access, ensuring secure remote access to critical files. This solution also provided redundancy in the event of a disk failure, and an efficient and simplified backup solution.
We migrated their email to a secure Hosted Exchange service. This resolved mailbox capacity issues and provided additional productivity features such as: shared contact, calendars, access across multiple devices, and redundancy.
We identified and addressed bottlenecks, consolidated storage, tightened security. And we introduced new technology to improve business functions and provide a more reliable IT infrastructure.
Our primary focus for the initial project was:
- Assessment and optimisation of infrastructure
- We provided consulting services which resulted in setup of a new Network Attached Storage (NAS) array and configured secure VPN capabilities and backup Solution
- We also setup a Hosted Exchange Service and managed the Email Migration
Safety Management Solutions were delighted with the proposed solution which we implemented in full. Excalibur IT has since established a strong ongoing partnership with Safety Management Solutions.
“Hi Tim, just a note to thank you for the IT services you provided to our business recently. The recommendation to purchase a NAS (to access documents remotely and for backups) has streamlined our operations significantly. Also, suggesting a hosted Exchange to synchronize meetings and emails across multiple devices is fantastic! You delivered what you said you would, arrived on time, charged a very reasonable amount and you were knowledgeable. We will certainly have you back should the need arise in the future and be recommending your services to anyone that asks. Thank you!” – Fiona Hickinbotham, Operations Manager